Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Tree

Here I am planted
in the mountains
of the white

I have seen more,
more than I wanted.
I have hid a soldier
from a savage.

 I have been
a urinal for a man
A baby was once
tied to my trunk

He cried from sun up
to sun down
He learned not to cry
for the enemy

I have been refuge
to the Mountain Lion
from three barking dogs

I have seen the sun rise
and the sun set on
the smokey mountain
with ashes blowing

I have seen wars and
murders right beside me.
but nothing,
nothing could prepare me
for the sadness to come.

one day a girl walked by
she has a hose in one hand
it drug along the red, red dirt.
Her tears streaming down

she took the hose.
What is she doing?
She tied it around her neck.
I wanted to break.
I tried to break.

Then she jumped off my branch
there she hung,
for a moment....
Then I bent.
There she fell.
Stunned and mad.
Up she got.
Why'd she do such a thing.
I'll never know.
And no one else will.

She brushed off her knees.
She walks by often.
But her friend,
I don't know where she is.
The girl is a lone...
in the world,
in her land,
in school,
and home.
Alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment