Saturday, November 3, 2012

Research

I just posted a number of past posts that I saved as drafts because I was not sure if I was going to use the information and I wanted to document where I got all my research.

A few books I have read is the "Vikings: North Atlantic Saga" published by Smithsonian Books. For obvious reasons I read this one.

"The Shipwreck" By Jorn Riel. I learned about him from the Isuma TV website and love his children's early chapter book about a viking boy who finds two Inuit children. His book was hard to get here in the US. I look forward to reading the other books to follow in the Quartet.

"Windswept Dawn" William Heinesen.  I found this book early on while I was infatuated with the Feoroe Islands. It was a good book. All of these should show up to the right on the "Books I've read"

The latest book I just requested from the Library is: "Lost in the Barrens" by Farley Mowat. I will post about that one after I read it.

I am so grateful to other authors that have published authentic work so that I can use their knowledge to hopefully publish something as authentic. (if it gets published)!

No comments:

Post a Comment