Wednesday, January 23, 2013

10 Year old Rates Books 2013

I have a ten year old that is not as big of a reader as my others. But, he saw the other kids reading and has kept it up. I remember my 17 year old reading Captain Underpants when he was in third grade. Now, he is just busy doing homework.

Back to my 10 year old...His Numero Uno (Number one) series of all time is "Diary of a Wimpy Kid."


Thanks to Jeff Kinney. I am so happy that this silly, true to life can keep my 10 year olds attention in a technology age of X-box and I-pods! Truly, I am soooo happy!

I tried introducing him to Harry Potter.



 I introduced him to Micheal Vey, which is a fast pace book....


 

NO GO. He kindly told me after trying to read Michael Vey that it was confusing. I totally understand that. I can't stand confusing books. In fact, I just tried to read James Joyce and that was the hardest book I have tried to read in a long time!
So, I was in Costco and an author was doing a signing. I am a sucker for author signings. I bought it and turns out, it is his next favorite, next to Diary of a Wimpy Kid!
Cobble Cavern! By Eric Olsen


Thanks Erik Olsen for writing another exciting and non-confusing book for my 10 year old. We will be buying the second one.



No comments:

Post a Comment